struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject login for half my action mappings, leaving other half unsecured
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:34:49 GMT
In some of my action mappings I am providing XML output for anybody and
it shouldn't be protected by any web.xml security-constraint, but for
the rest, I need login security which I already have set up.

What I have come up with after a slight false start is a plan to have
all my secured requests go to /secure/*.do

This way I can map the *.do to the action servlet, and I can map the
security-constraint to the /secure/*

The only doubt I have is that my action mappings in struts-config have a
path that looks like path="/secure/dostuff" which I am not used to since
I haven't used a pseudo-directory in my mapping path before. Is this OK,
or am I barking up the wrong tree again?

Thanks
Adam