struts-user mailing list archives

From Terry Brick <terry_brick2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Please Help With Simple Tiles Problem
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:42:20 GMT

I'm using struts 1.1 and having trouble with a simple Tile function.  I've searched the archives
and doc, but for some reason I just can't seem to get a grip on a lot of this tile stuff.
 All I want to do is embed a tile within a tile within a page.  Here's what I have now:

tiles-defx.xml (snippet)
=================================
<definition name="layout.default" path="/tls/layout.jsp">
 <put name="title" value="my title" direct="true"/>
 <put name="header" value="/tls/header.jsp"/>
</definition>

<definition name="form.default" extends="layout.default">
 <put name="body" value="/tls/wrapform.jsp"/>
</definition>

<definition name="form.user" extends="form.default">
 <put name="title" value="form title" direct="true"/>
 <put name="form-body" value="/tls/user_form.jsp"/>
</definition>

In layout.jsp  (snippet)
===================================
<tiles:insert attribute="body"/>

In wrapform.jsp  (snippet)
====================================
<tiles:insert attribute="form-body"/>

I get an error saying that my "form-body" attribute does not exist.  And when I swap <tiles:insert>
with <tiles:get>, I don't get an error, but I also don't get my form-body content.
I can see that what I have defined doesn't make much sense, but I can't figure it out.
What I want is, when I call "form.user" for it to give me the folloing content structure....
(if these tags represented the content of JSP's)

<layout.jsp>
   <wrapform.jsp>
      <user_form.jsp/>
   </wrapform.jsp>
</layout.jsp>

Could someone please show me how to do this?
Thank you