struts-user mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Iterating the resultset contents in the view (jsp)
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:09:12 GMT
--- Richard Hill <RHill@classmates.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working on an action that gets a resultset from a database table
> containing 4 columns. I need to pass that information back to the view
> (jsp)
> which will iterate over results. My question is what is the best way to
> do
> this. Do I create an array for each row in the resultset and insert each
> array in a collection, passing that back to the view?

A fairly standard approach is to create a class that represents a row of
your ResultSet and store a List of those objects in the request for the
page to iterate over.

If you don't want to create a class for each result, you should check out
the BeanUtils DynaBeans.  This little gem:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/api/org/apache/commons/beanutils/RowSetDynaClass.html
allows you to transer ResultSet data to DynaBeans in a trivial amount of
code.

David