struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steve B." <st...@browsermedia.com>
Subject Re: Struts and Jetspeed
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:32:16 GMT
Also, be sure to read up on Tiles for creating your layout.

On the other hand, I am a big fan of Jetspeed as a service aggregator.
Jahia (also a portal product with content management) allows you to
drop-deploy struts applications which is very useful.

IOW, If you are just trying to create a layout and login, I agree with
you are trying to aggregate a struts service with other content
providers, struts in a portlet is a worthy goal.

Steve B.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mainguy, Mike" <MMainguy@kmart.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 10:12 AM
Subject: RE: Struts and Jetspeed

> I'll agree, if you're already using Turbine, then struts is really a waste
> of time and effort.  Just use the turbine framework (it's more complete
> anyway IMHO).
>
> If you really want to use struts for portlets, I'd recommend using struts
in
> a different servlet context and then wrapping it in a portlet so you don't
> end up with a confused mish-mash of technologies.

Kmart Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary
information. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on
information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of
information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal
prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should