struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian McSweeney" <brian.mcswee...@aurium.net>
Subject Design Question - same action, many jsps/views
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:38:56 GMT
Hi all,

I've come across a situation which I'm not sure how to handle with
struts.
I have an action which, depending on from which page it's called,
should forward to different jsps pages.

Currently, for each resultant jsp, I create a new action with the exact
same
logic code inside which forwards to the right jsp.

I'm just not sure if this is the right way to do it, because it's
replication of code.
An alternative might be to switch on the input path of the request and
forward to
The right jsp, but I'm not sure if this is right either. This has to
have come up
before, so I'm looking for a best practice solution.

What do you guys reckon?

Thanks,
Brian