struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Kennedy" <j...@gigaheads.com>
Subject Dynamic ActionMapping params
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:03:20 GMT
I have created several sites that use the "mapping.findForward("BLA") method to forward (or
redirect) to a relative URL.  This has always been statically specified in my struts-config.xml
like this:

<forward name="success" path="/main_layout.jsp" redirect="true"/>

then in code I do:

mapping.findForward("BLA");   //(simple stuff)

Now I have a need to forward to a URL that will have dynamic parameters like this:

/main_layout.jsp?param1=value&param2=value$param3=value

Not sure how to pull this off.  Obviously I can't use a statically defined forward definition.
 I guess I could put the params in the request, which works fine if I forward, but what if
I redirect.  I would have to put them in the session.  Not clean coding in my opinion.  I
would rather specify as querystring params.

Anyone done this?

I am using Struts v1.02

Jim Kennedy
IT Consultant