struts-user mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@isogis.com>
Subject RE: Using JSTL tags instead of Struts tags
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:24:30 GMT

So I guess the following is going to be true in struts 2.0?

It doesn't sound right to me.  Java still support deprecated methods from years
ago.  Besides, when we look at the struts tag lib API reference, there is no
warning about these tags being deprecated.

In struts.tld header:

    WARNING:  ALL OF THE TAGS IN THIS LIBRARY ARE DEPRECATED, AND
    ARE MAINTAINED ONLY FOR BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY.  THEY WILL BE
    REMOVED IN A FUTURE VERSION OF STRUTS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: July 11, 2003 3:38 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Using JSTL tags instead of Struts tags

IMHO, it would be a disservice to the Struts community for Struts to keep
on innovating and maintaining its (now proprietary to Struts) expression
language, when the rest of the world is going to follow a different
standard.

Craig (who isn't using SQL tags, or planning to, but is enjoying the power
of all the rest of them)