struts-user mailing list archives

From "rablists" <rabli...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: common-logging, Struts, Log4j
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:49:07 GMT
Thank you. It worked fine. The properties files should be under WEB-
INF/classes directly. Plus, the major problem was with the commons-
logging jar files: I should put in the WEB-INF/lib only the commons-
logging.jar, and delete the commons-logging-api.jar, which should be
placed instead under the tomact/common/lib/

Confusing but it worked fine. Rabih.

--- In struts@yahoogroups.com, "Pingili, Madhupal" <MPingili@B...>
wrote:

> I have the similar setup and works very well for me.
>
> 	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=outputfile.log where it is
located?
> 	where I find it? is it physical file?
> It should be saved under the app. server bin dir like c:/tomcat-
4.18/bin.
> I don't use tomcat. But websphere app. server saves this file
under bin
> folder.
> If you want, you can give absolute path like
> c:/tomcat-4.18/logs/outputfile.log.
>
> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, rolling
> Here you have not declared stdout as an appender.
> So, all log messages (because you have lowest level DEBUG for
rootLogger)
> will be sent to file declared in rolling appender.
>
> You can include stdout in rootLogger like
> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout, rolling
> and check your tomcat log files to see if there is anything
written before
> you check
> rolling file permissions etc.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Reddy

appreciate if
> > anyone can help me little bit. these are the questions with
examples:

> > The file outputfile.log that I specify in
> > log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=outputfile.log where it is located?
> > where I find it? is it physical file?
> >
> > I dont know why my configuration is not working, although I put
the
> > following files in the classpath WEB-INF/classes/org/myclasses/:
> >
> > commons-logging.properties:

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JL