struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tillin, Dan" <Dan.Til...@roomsolutions.net>
Subject RE: Problem with session management using Struts 1.0
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:42:51 GMT
Have you set your action to be in session scope in struts-config.xml? I suspect doing this
would mean Struts
would create the session for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gilbert Tan [mailto:GilbertTan@crimsonlogic.com]
Sent: 12 June 2003 07:11
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem with session management using Struts 1.0

Hi,

I am new to Struts framework.
I am encountering the following problem with the session management.
Whenever my Action starts, I will check for the existence of a session
object using the following code:
HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
If the session object is null, I will redirect the user to the login
page.
But the code is not working as expected. The session object that is
returned is always not null.
I am tried the same code using a normal servlet and it works as
expected.
Does anybody knows why?
Thanks.

Gilbert Tan

Security Software Engineer

DID: 65 - 6887 7540

RadianTrust Pte Ltd

31 Science Park Road, The Crimson, Level 1, Singapore 117611

Main Tel: 65 - 6887 7999

Main Fax: 65 - 6887 7800

Visit us at www.radiantrust.com <http://www.radiantrust.com/>

NOTICE
This eMail and any attachments are intended solely for the named
addressee(s) only. It contains confidential and/or privileged
information which should not be copied or disclosed without the consent
of the CrimsonLogic group.  If you are not the intended recipient or if
you have received this eMail in error, you must not copy, distribute,
disclose or take any action in reliance on it (or any part of its
contents).  In such case, you should inform the CrimsonLogic group
immediately by eMail or telephone +65 68877888 (reverse charges if
necessary) and delete this eMail and any attachments from your system.

The integrity and security of Internet communications and in particular
this eMail and any attachments cannot be guaranteed.  The CrimsonLogic
group accepts no liability whatsoever in connection therewith.  You are
strongly advised to carry out all necessary virus checks and that you
open this eMail and any attachments at your own risk.