struts-user mailing list archives

From Kamalakar Thota <kooldude_092...@yahoo.com>
Subject <nested:iterate> tag problem with post-population of list
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:36:46 GMT

Hello folks,

I followed Aaron's nested examples and tried to use them in one of my applications. I have
the following problem using <nested:iterate> tag. Please help me some one.Problem:When
i set the values for first time in my action class and forward to jsp page i.e pre-populate
, the values are set and works well. But after prepopulating, when i change values in the
jsp page and try to submit the form, then i do not get any errors, but my changed values are
not set in the form i.e in the list. Why is this happening?Here i have listed1. struts code2.
Form Bean code3. TraineeScoresListBean code4. ErrorsAny suggestions? Please help me, ASAP.
Thank You.1. Here is my form using struts:<nested:iterate name="perfTestGradeForm" proroperty="traineeScoresList"
>     <nested:text property="score" indexed = "true" size="5"                maxlength="4"
/><br /></nested:iterate> Here the list 'traineeScoresList' is collection of
beans'TraineeTaskScoreListBean' that has attribute 'score' of datatype
 'String'.2. Form Bean Code:public final class PerfTestGradeFormBean extends ActionForm {//this
traineeScoresList will have TraineeTaskScoreListBean that has// score as an attributeprivate
Collection traineeScoresList = new Vector();public PerfTestGradeForm(){this.traineeScoresList
= new Vector();}public Collection getTraineeScoresList(){System.out.println("In perftestgradeform.java:
getTraineeScore...()");return this.traineeScoresList;}public void setTraineeScoresList(Collection
list){this.traineeScoresList = list;}}3. Here is Code for TraineeTaskScoreListBean:public
class TraineeTaskScoreListBean{private String score;public TraineeTaskScoreListBean(String
score){this.score = score;}public String getScore(){return this.score;}public void setScore(String
score){this.score = score;}}Thanks Again,Kamal.