struts-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Mixon" <rnmi...@custco.biz>
Subject Validator with nested form beans
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2003 05:31:05 GMT
I've searched the archives with several combinations of the above keywords
to no avail.

Is it possible to nest a collection of ValidatorForm beans within a main
ValidatorForm bean ... and then have Validator handle validations of the
nested properties?

I've not been able to figure out how to do this and was hoping avoiding
doing a combination of manual and validator edits. The syntax for
validations.xml does not show any syntax that I can see would make this
possible - but its such a common requirement, I would think.

For example on an OrderForm form bean it will have a collection of
LineItemForm form beans.

I was actually hoping to markup both formbeans using Xdoclet
@struts.validator tags, but would settle for using straight validator.

Thanks for any and all ideas/suggestions - Richard