struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jing Zhou" <j...@netspread.com>
Subject Re: Sending a Redirect Directly from an Action Class
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:11:33 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Raeburn" <steve@ninsky.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 10:09 AM
Subject: RE: Sending a Redirect Directly from an Action Class

> The statement, "The JSP page somePage.jsp could not be protected by the
> standard security constraints." is incorrect.

You recognized the discussion context is on the concerns of the redirect to
the
JSP page /somePage.jsp, right? (Shoud I bring out the orignal text again?)
Let me ask you, if you put the page under a standard security constraint,
how can you perform a redirect to that page sucessfully?
Taking a statement out of its contexts is not very professional.

> This discussion no longer has anything to do with Struts.

However, it has something to do with the Struts users,
because you are misleading the Struts users when you said "not true"
or "is incorrect" to the original text.

> Unless you disagree with either of these points can we now drop it,
please?

You changed your arguments from *assuming* the action is protected
to the statement you mentioned above, could you drop the tactics, please?