struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Miedl" <ma...@miedlnet.de>
Subject Dynamic value in a <html:text> Tag
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:24:02 GMT
Hi,

I want to initialize the fields of a Struts Form with the <html:text>-Tag.
In my request there is a bean with the getter and setter I need.
Now I tried this:

maxlength="256"></html:text>

and I got the following Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /linkothek/LinkChange.jsp(36,58) equal symbol expected
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:94)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:428)

When I try to use the Tag: <bean:write name="myLink" property="URL"/>  alone (not in
another Tag) then I got value I should get. So I see that the bean is in my Request. But why
doen't it work when I put the <bean:write> Tag into the <html:text> tag?
I think this is a problem a lot of others also have, because you often need to initalize the
values of Form Elements with dynamic content.

Can somebody help me?

Greetings and THANX in advance
    Marco