struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: design strategy question
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 14:12:10 GMT
Well one advantage to associating the images with the session (such as by
the sessionId) is that you can add a listener so when the session expires
you can clean up any images associated with it without hurting other images
that may well be associate with the same user but a different session (maybe
they didnt log out the first one explicitly).

-----Original Message-----
From: meissa.Sakho@assetmanagement.natexis.fr
[mailto:meissa.Sakho@assetmanagement.natexis.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, 21 May 2003 21:58
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: design strategy question

I have an Action whose task is to call an implementation of a java Chart
Generator
and to generated image files. Images must be generated in special folder
whose
path is declared in the web.xml file.

I need to decide a convention naming for images because each user
connected
to the application has it own images attached to him.

For instance, this is hardcoded. My first idea(no applied yet) is to
insert the
sessionId in the image name.

I have the requirement to clean the generated image folder periodically.

Here are my questions:

1:  Is there a prefered way to chose and declare the generated image
folder ?
2: Is there a better way giving name to images
3:  How could I clean the image folder periodically without affecting the
application ?

any help would be appreciated.

Meissa

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natexis
Banques Populaires ne peut etre tenu responsable de
son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le
detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed
on the Internet. Natexis Banques Populaires can not therefore be
considered responsible for the contents.Any unauthorized use or
dissemination is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it
and
notify the sender.