struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gandle, Panchasheel" <pgan...@rwjf.org>
Subject RE: Is it possible to specify the forward page in HTTP request?
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 12:31:22 GMT
In action_2 track whether the control has come from Action_1
write one more forward element in config file for Action_2
which forwards to Action_1.

Thanks
Panchasheel

-----Original Message-----
From: Ahmed Aboul-Enein [mailto:amenein@usa.net]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 8:25 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Is it possible to specify the forward page in HTTP request?

Hallo folks,

Is it possible to specify the resource name (or JSP name) that the
controller will forward to after executing the action?

The problem that I have is as following....
An action "Action_1" needs to forward its call to another JSP "JSP_1". The
"JSP_1" calls its Action "Action_2". After "Action_2" finishes its
execution,
it should forward to a page specified from "Action_1".
In other words, I want to move the flow of control from "Action_2" to be
controlled from an HTTP request parameter for this special case. Is there
such
a feature in the Struts framework?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,