struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gandle, Panchasheel" <pgan...@rwjf.org>
Subject RE: Action and forward elements
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 15:49:15 GMT
You got to mention it in the <form tag itself
like

Panchasheel

-----Original Message-----
From: Catherine Morgan [mailto:Catharine.Morgan@weir-tech.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 11:43 AM
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Action and forward elements

I have an entry in my struts-config.xml file that looks something like the
following:

<action path="/update" name="myForm" validate="true"
                type="UpdateAction"
                input="edit.jsp">
                <forward name="success" path="/success.jsp"/>
                <forward name="failed" path="/failed.jsp"/>
</action>

This action is used within a frameset. If I need to use the 'failed' mapping
it loads failed.jsp in the current frame, which is what I want.

However, if I use the 'success' mapping I want to load success.jsp into the
parent frame. Is there anyway of doing this? I have looked at the
documentation and can't find a target parameter or something equivalent.

Thanks,
Catharine