struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jing Zhou" <j...@netspread.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Carrier on Wheels and Struts Unveiled
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 07:21:35 GMT
There are several features I think they are going to be
the potential source to advance Struts:

* The Hyper Form Bean - The string version of a form bean
   become unnecessary. A hyper form bean allows you to
   model simple data, like a test form, a survey form, or a
   bug reporting form, etc. It is called the level one model.

* The Hyper Action Wizard - A primary wizard can spawn
   many child wizards, called spawned wizards. The CRUD
   operations can be performed on the spawned wizards.
   Further more, each spawned wizard can spawn many
   child wizards and perform CRUD operations on their
   children. There is no limit for the nested level. The Ant
   Project Configuration demo shows this capability.

* The MVC visual model - all Carrier or Struts related
   attributes become *meta-data* in Oracle database.
   These concepts are described as the level one MVC.
   The designers just *program* these meta-data for
   their web applications. I observed some Struts
   developers *dreamed* such visual model, but no one
   get it yet, at least in the formal products.

* The research on the level two MVC will begin soon.
   For example, the spawned wizards could be in a
   different application module from their parent wizards
   in the current design. I am seeking ISVs to help me
   model how we make a spawned wizards in different
   web sites. So an end user starts one wizard with
   many spawned wizards in different web sites. Once
   he/she completes the wizard, the business data is sent to
   a single-contact agent (This will also lead to the
   concepts of level two Carrier Orbits ...)

Regards,

Jing