struts-user mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: easy validation framework
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:13:56 GMT

Yeah, I have validator downloaded. It works on JavaBeans, but via
BeanUtils so I should be able to use BeanUtils. I also think that I can
create a DynaBean directly from a ServletRequest. So if I were to create
my own taglib, then my system would basically be:

A custom taglib 'validate' which sits on top of Commons Validator and
Commons BeanUtils. It would ship with a Servlet and a re-usable JSP which
would basically wrap the validation handling code, and hidden away would
be an xml tha defines it and hooks up the validators themselves.

However, I suspect that I could do this by just taking Struts, configuring
it slightly oddly, installing one of the taglibs and setting up a
controler servlet somewhere :) Will have to play.

Thanks,

Hen