struts-user mailing list archives

From Gaurav.Go...@ercgroup.com
Subject [OT] : Internationalization : russian to unicode
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:30:57 GMT
I've got a text file with russian characters. I need to convert the russian
characters to unicode. When I run the native2ascii utility on it, only the
first two characters in the file get converted into their unicode
equivalent, the rest are converted into some unrecognizable junk.
Here's what i did on my NT system.
Changed my keyboard to input in Russian.
Typed some russian into notepad.
Saved it as unicode.
Ran native2ascii using this command : native2ascii myrussian.txt
converted.txt

However converted.txt did not have the expected unicode output. instead it
had some junk.

I know i'm missing something. Please help. Thanks