struts-user mailing list archives

From Josh Rayls <jra...@crunchtime.com>
Subject RE: ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:26:24 GMT
I believe you should have it under TOMCAT-DIR/webapps/MyWebApp/WEB-INF/lib.

-Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Siv Oma Rogdar [mailto:rogdar@idi.ntnu.no]
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 3:23 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

Hi,
I'm trying out the Struts framework and trying to figure out how to connect
to a database, but I can't get it to work...I get the exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception initializing application data
source org.apache.struts.action.DATA_SOURCE

and root cause: java.sql.SQLException: open:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

when I try to connect to mysql in an Action class.
I have defined the datasource in struts-config:

<data-source>
   <set-property property ="driverClass"
       value = "org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver" />
   <set-property property ="url"
    value = "jdbc:mysql://localhost/MWCF" />
  </data-source>

I have put the org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver under both TOMCAT-DIR/common/lib and
TOMCAT-DIR/webapps/MyWebApp/lib

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?