struts-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Hess" <gh...@wrappedapps.com>
Subject i18n input forms?
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:58:05 GMT
Hi All,

I have a form that allows my client to enter text in a textarea to be
used in the construction of a web page. One of my clients from Brazil
wants to enter Portuguese text and his text is not being displayed
properly as it contains many "special characters". In my efforts to
support this feature I have implemented a Filter on my ActionServlet and
specified the charset in my .jsp as outlined by our friend Aaron at
http://www.anassina.com/struts/i18n/i18n.html. I still cannot enter
these characters in the form via the special escape sequence "ctrl + , +
c" for example.

Is what I am trying to implement possible? How would a client enter such
text?

Many thanks,

Greg