struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Laird" <Laird.Nel...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: DynamicForwardAction
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:54:19 GMT

You're running into exactly the same issue that we ran into.  The short
answer is: you're right.  Unfortunately, there's no standardized way for a
servlet to say to its container, "Oh, wait, never mind; I know I'm supposed
to handle requests that begin with /some/path/here, but see, I didn't find
anything there, so just pretend I never was meant to handle this particular
invocation, and just go about your business."

Your only approach is to make sure that
things-to-which-you-forward-that-shouldn't-be-served-up-by-struts have a
different servlet mapping in your web.xml file than
things-that-should-be-handled-with-struts.  We've just used a stupid naming
convention, locating resources of the former type in a directory like
/projectnameresources, whereas struts-handled bits are mapped to the path
/projectname.

Good luck.

Laird