struts-user mailing list archives

From Gaurav.Go...@ercgroup.com
Subject Struts or DBCP?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:13:48 GMT
Hi,
	I'm getting a strange exception in our application. We are using
Struts 1.0 with DBCP 1.0 on iPlanet.
	There is a particular URL in our application which does a lot of
data processing. It take approx 8 to 10 seconds to process and return data
back to the screen.
	If i click on this URL once, wait for 2 secs and then click on this
URL again then I get the exception shown below. It looks like its some kind
of a threading problem. I'm not sure where though..i.e. in our Struts action
class or in the DBCP implementation. I'm able to reproduce this problem only
around once in 25 times.
	The action class defines the connection locally...so there is no
problem there.
	Does anyone have any ideas?

Here's the exception trace

, root cause: java.sql.SQLException: Closed Statement
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:169)
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:211)
	at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:274)
	at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.get_column_index(OracleStatement.java:453
0)
	at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.findColumn(OracleResultSetImpl.java:6
66)
	at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSet.getInt(OracleResultSet.java:1420)
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getInt(DelegatingResultSet.java:
159)
	at
com.gecapital.erc.phoenix.entity.ProfileSite.populateColumns(Unknown Source)
	at
com.gecapital.erc.phoenix.entity.ProfileSite.loadCollection(Unknown Source)
	at com.gecapital.erc.phoenix.entity.Profile.loadProfileSites(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.gecapital.erc.phoenix.action.LoadProfileAction.perform(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.ja
va:1787)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1586)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)````

Thanks,
Gaurav