struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <ml...@officinedigitali.it>
Subject Re: weird org.apache.struts.action does not exist
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:57:07 GMT
i'd read this
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/appdev/index.html

take the example ant project and use it as a starting point for any
java propjects you are doing.. This will save you all the messing
around with classpaths etc (you still have to set them in ant's
build.xml file however).. Go through the ant stuff to install it if you
haven't already.

You will be able to drop any jar file in /WEB-INF/lib and it be placed
in your classpath.

A few hours spent here will save a lot of time,,, This also gives you a
development envionment where source is always seperate to compiled
classes..

If you really just want to get something running now then

 > cd

 > vi .bash_profile

add

export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:PATH_TO_STRUTS_JARS

save and exit

:wq

start a new terminal session

  cheers mark