struts-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Maurer <joerg.mau...@ucpmorgen.com>
Subject RE: Database datasource runtime configuration
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 21:30:58 GMT
use database pooling dbcp from jakarta commons instead - has connection
pooling and works like a charm + super setup description(despite some
flaws, but no problem for us being experienced ones ;-) ).

-----Original Message-----
From: Joao Araujo [mailto:joao@wireless-networks.com]
Sent: Samstag, 08. März 2003 04:52
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Database datasource runtime configuration

Hi,

	I am using the configuration of the datasource/database inside
the
struts-config.xml file.
	That 's been giving me some backwards. For example I wish to
change the
hostname
	after installing the whole software. I, then, need to open the
file and
change the configuration
	for this.

	I wish I could put this in another file and set the
configuration at run
time. Does anyone know
	how to do that?

	SAMPLE CONFIGURATION
	<data-sources>
		<!-- configuration for commons BasicDataSource -->
		<data-source
type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
			<set-property property="driverClassName"

value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" />
			<set-property property="url"

value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@db.db1.com:1521:xxxx"
			<set-property property="username" value="system"
/>
			<set-property property="password"
value="manager" />
			<set-property property="pingQuery" value="select
1 from dual" />
			<set-property property="description"
				  value="DBTEST Data Source
Configuration"/>
			<set-property property="maxCount"  value="4"/>
			<set-property property="minCount"  value="2"/>
			<set-property property="autoCommit"
value="false"/>
		</data-source>
	</data-sources>