struts-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Maurer <joerg.mau...@ucpmorgen.com>
Subject RE: How do you keep your session junk free?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 12:02:07 GMT
AFAIK, why not put form bean in hashtable under well known name in
application scope - last resort, cause as you mentioned request not
applicable, session not available.... you are in full charge of form
bean. populate that bean in application scope as you like from newly
created form bean or replace it all at once. Have to e.g. prepend key
with user information(getSessionID()) to get same bean for user back?

Greets Jörg

-----Original Message-----
From: julian green [mailto:julian.green@jacobsrimell.com]
Sent: Freitag, 07. März 2003 10:33
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: How do you keep your session junk free?

How do you prevent the session from filling up with junk from previous
screens?  Or to put it another way:

I have written some screens that have to store the form bean in the
session scope as each screen is interconnected and uses the same
instance of the form bean.   If I change the scope to request a new form

bean is created for each screen (every time a jsp file is rendered).  Is

there a way of implementing multiple screens with the same form bean
with a request scope?

Julian