struts-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Maurer <joerg.mau...@ucpmorgen.com>
Subject RE: Problems with multibox and checkbox
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:28:00 GMT
Hi Jason!

reading through your mail, i got especially attracted on your solution
combining XSLT with struts tags. I am currently doing some after-project
considerations, having been my first struts project(and also the first
for my actual company, hence having no one to having an expertise talk).
One action point on my list is the question : "How to control which
model elements map to which view elements and vice versa(especially at
runtime)."

So i would be a great honour for me if you

- can write me a few words because of out of what considerations you are
using XSLT and struts tags.

- devote a second of your precious time to my topic "How to control
which model elements map to which view elements and vice versa" - if and
how XSLT can help me to come up with a more generic solution. E.g. I
would like features as described in struts-layout ( taken from
http://struts.application-servers.com/) "Let's image you are running an
online shop selling books. There is one jsp to display information about
the book (title, author, size, price etc.). The customers can only view
the information, but the site administrator can view and modify the
information. Normally, you would have to make two jsps to achieve that:
one to display the information, and one to modify them (you can also
make one jsp with complicated logic stuff in it). With Struts-Layout, it
is possible to make only one jsp, without logic in it.The goals is : One
user object to create / edit / view, one DistpachAction class, one Form
class, and one jsp." - but i don't like that taglib approach very much,
because it is becoming too cohesive to the dependent frameworks.

Thank you so much for your input 	Jörg Maurer