struts-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Maurer <joerg.mau...@ucpmorgen.com>
Subject Question using transactional tokens
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 16:21:07 GMT
Dear struts people !

What am i doing wrong - must be some sort of double submit, but why ?

Let me sketch my problem to you - using for the first time transactional
tokens, i have the following setup :
1. in my jsp :
styleClass="button">
           <bean:message key="label.buttons.WF.submit"/>

2. where submitSelect is a javascript function:
function submitSelect(method) {
    document.forms[0].method.value = method;
    document.forms[0].submit();
}

3. and in my action class subclassing dispatch action there is method
save(....).

Following strange behaviour (to me) occurs :

1.) having beakpoint inside save(...) method in action class shows it
hit the right method and is working.
2.) but after "return mapping.findForward("WF_PARAMETER_CHOOSE");" from
my action, struts complains with status 404 :

	message Request[/parameter] does not contain handler parameter
named method

	description The request sent by the client was syntactically
incorrect (Request[/parameter] does not contain handler parameter named
method).

3.)it worked before deciding to use transactional tokens with :

href="javascript:submitSelect('save')" styleClass="button">
                                <bean:message
key="label.buttons.WF.save"/>

So your help is appreciated, thanks Jörg