struts-user mailing list archives

From Ady Das O'Toole <ady.daso'to...@camelotinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Multiple form inputs of the same name into a bean
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:08:53 GMT
Not sure if I follow your question. But if I'm assuming correctly you have a
form bean with a property as an array

Ex:
String[] arrProp;

The form bean has the related accessor methods to this property.
void setArrProp(String[] arrProp){}

The html form can now have multiple inputs with the same name
<input type="text" name="arrProp" value="">

I've found that the getter method returns null for values in the array that
do not have defaults, otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Kelly [mailto:kelly@ipe.fzk.de]
Sent: 26 March 2003 11:00
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Multiple form inputs of the same name into a bean

Hi all,

All bean examples I can find are only dealing with single named inputs from
a form.  Has any one delt with multiple inputs of the same name into a form
before??  If any one has, could you answer the following questions:

1)  How should the setter method be coded?
2)  What is the best Collection to use for the storage?
3)  What should the getter method return when invoked?

Cheers

Simon

Institut fuer
Prozessdatenverarbeitung
und Elektronik,
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH,
Postfach 3640,
D-76021 Karlsruhe,
Germany.

Tel: (+49)/7247 82-4042
E-mail : kelly@ipe.fzk.de

http://www.star.net.uk

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential. It is intended only for for
the use
of the named recipient. If you are not the named recipient please delete this e-mail. If you
have
received this e-mail and are not the named recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution
or other dissemination or use of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be

intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents
of this
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required please

request a hard copy version.
Registered Office:
Camelot Group plc
Tolpits Lane