struts-user mailing list archives

From James Watkin <james.wat...@anderson.ucla.edu>
Subject Size Limitation When Using logic:iterate on Object[][]?
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 05:16:12 GMT
The following example works on small sets of data. But it fails on a
dataset of about 570 rows and 12 columns. When it fails, the resulting page
appears in the browser but the the content stops in mid row after about 475
rows.

The servlet throws the following exception when it fails:
StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw
exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find bean column in scope null

"tableData" is a two dimensional array (Object[][]) stored in request scope.

If you vary the specified text in the example, you can change the row of
failure. In some cases, making that text longer actually allowed me to
print more rows.

<logic:iterate id="row" name="tableData" scope="request">
     <i>Vary the length of this text to affect the row of failure.</i>
     <logic:iterate id="column" name="row" scope="page">
         <bean:write name="column"/>
     </logic:iterate>
</logic:iterate>

Why does it work on some datasets but not larger ones? Am I exceeding a
size limitation? Am I misusing the logic:iterate tag?

Environment:
Struts 1.0.2
Tomcat 4.1.18
Windows 2000 Professional