struts-user mailing list archives

From Thomas CORNET <tho...@cornet.name>
Subject Re: Modules
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 07:46:06 GMT
At 03:18 03/03/2003, you wrote:
>You're going through a JSP to invoke an action?  Is the action in a
>different module?  Be aware that only by going through the controller do
>you enable non-default modules.  If you don't explicitly go though the
>servlet (and going through a JSP does not go through the servlet) then
>Struts hasn't the opportunity to change to your module (read:  none of
>your modules information [ mappings, forms, etc ] are available) and
>you'll only be able to acheive success if what you wished to reach was
>located in the default module.
>
>Clear as mud?

hmmm yes. but when i go to a JSP directly within the site, without passing
by the controller, this means that I can't render html:form elements
because it doesn't know about the modules ?

>The basics of what you're doing appear correct to me.  I'm not sure I
>understand where the breakdown is or why - I would assume it's developer
>(the developer being you - not us) error.  I know a lot of folks have had
>problems getting their heads around modules - don't know what could be
>done to help that.  Do you have any questions whos' ansers might help
>you?  Perhaps if you posted or attached your config?  I've been out of the
>loop for a bit, so it could just be brain-rot, but I don't see a definite
>cause for your problem.  Seeing your config(s) and knowing precisely how
>you're invoking things would help us assist you better.

I know that's my fault. 99% percent of people achieved to use modules, so I
know something is missing...

Here is in attachment, the jsp source, the action and form classes, and the
struts config of the module. Just wanted to say all is working well when
module's config content is place in the default module's config.