struts-user mailing list archives

From Reinhard Nägele <reinhard.naeg...@mgm-edv.de>
Subject Struts 1.1 RC1 - Validator problems on Linux only
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:07:05 GMT
Hi,

we've been developing an application with Struts 1.1 RC1 which runs fine
on Win 2000 machines. Today we deployed it to a Linux machine (Red Hat,
JDK 1.4.1_01, Tomcat 4.1.12) and found out that the validator didn't
work as expected, i. e. validation simply never failed. So I decided to
attach to the VM and debug into the code. To do so, I needed the
validator sources which, unfortunately, are not part of the Struts
source distribution. So, I used the latest nightly build of the
validator, attached to the process in order to debug into it, and, guess
what, now it worked.

So, I really wonder what this was. Has anybody else experienced such
behavior? Are there any Linux-specific issues?

Thanks,
Reinhard