struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <ced...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Tiles] Whay can't a controller be assigned in the put tag?
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:09:58 GMT

  A Tiles controller is associated to the tile being inserted. The
controllers are called when a tiles is inserted.  They are declared in
the insert tag, or in the definition tag which is used by insert.
  The put tag is used to specify an attribute which is passed to the
insert. So, the controller can't be associated to the put tag.

  What could be done in an future enhancement is something like this:
<put name="body">
  <definition extends="a.def" controllerUrl="aController" />
</put>
  This will specify that the attribute "body" is a definition extending
another one, and overloading the controller. The same mechanism will
allow to overload definition parameters inline.
  This is an enhancement request that need a new ticket in bugzilla ;-).

    Cedric