struts-user mailing list archives

From Mohan Radhakrishnan <Moh...@hclcomnet.co.in>
Subject RE: Problem while opening file in Action servlet
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:23:02 GMT

From: Laurent de Menditte [mailto:ldemendi@webtiss.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 4:45 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem while opening file in Action servlet

Hi,

I'm using Struts 1.1 rc1, Tomcat 4.1.18
I've written this Action class:
--------------------------------
import java.io.*;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;
import mypackage.API;

public class MyAction extends Action {

 public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
   ActionForm form,
   HttpServletRequest request,
   HttpServletResponse response)
   throws IOException, ServletException {

    String cible = new String("success");
    try {
        String ConfigurationFile = "test.ini";
        FileInputStream Fin = new FileInputStream(ConfigurationFile);
        API api = new API();
    } catch (Exception e)
    {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }
    return (mapping.findForward(cible));
    }
}
and my problem is that I catch a FileNotFoundException because the test.ini
file can't be found.
I've got the same problem while creating the API object: a configuration
file is also needed during that creation and can't be found.
How can I solve this problem?
I just want to add that I can't modify the API class, so that I can't
specify the full path of the configuration file.

Thanks for your answers.
Laurent