struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Sherman <a...@tritus.ca>
Subject NPE accessing Resources
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:59 GMT
Need some help with this, been banging on it for a while.

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:329)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.findAttribute(PageContextImpl.java:308)
	at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:811)
	at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:859)
	at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:274)
	at
org.apache.strutsel.taglib.bean.ELMessageTag.doStartTag(ELMessageTag.java:279)

I get this when access resources with tags like <html:errors/> or
<bean:message/>. Happens with both the EL and non-EL versions of the Struts
TLDs and I is my fault since the example apps all work fine in my
installation.

I trible-checked my struts-config.xml to make sure my
ApplicationResources.properties was being referenced properly and I'm not
getting any loading errors. So WTF?

I tried using JSwat to look at stuff, thought maybe I would be able to examine
the Application Context but I discovered that debugging is not for weenies.

So, what can I do to further my cause?

Thanks,

A.

--