struts-user mailing list archives

From Aidan Monroe <>
Subject [newbie] Where Is This Happening?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:37:03 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I am very new to Struts and have a question that is
most likely very simple, but I am having trouble
finding the answer.

Here is my scenario:

I submit a web page containing a form, thereby
creating a POST request. This POST request contains no
query parameters. Subsequently later on in my code I
am attempting to see if there are any parameters via:

Enumeration names = request.getParameterNames();

Surprisingly, the enumeration is filled with 4 items.
These 4 items are the fields from my web page.

I have 2 questions:

1). Why did this happen? Why are the fields from my
form carried as request parameters? Is this
intentional in Struts or did I do something to cause

2) Out of curiousity, I've been trying to find the
actual code that set these but have been unable to.
Does anyone know where this happens?

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: