struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <>
Subject just curious, shouldn't maybe message="true" use error="true" instead?
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 06:47:03 GMT
Nothing major here, I'm just curious why the

messages:present tag uses message="true" in order to check if
ActionMessages are present. I was thinking since ActionMessages is the
base class of ActionErrors that it might make more sense if
messages:present would show all messages, or at least ActionMessages by
default, and that maybe adding something like error=true would look for
ActionErrors (or maybe having errorsOnly=true would show just

I could of course be totally missing the way the
messages:present tag is working since it's way past my bed time:)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message