struts-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Blázquez <danb...@terra.es>
Subject form beans behaviour: html list related
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:06:57 GMT
Hi everybody:

I have a form bean with two lists and a html-javascript list-selector gizmo as seen in tiles
exaples (for choosing portal tiles and menu customization,  tiles-documentation/examples/myPortalSettings.jsp).

In filling time, everything ok, the options are displayed. But in saving time, when html form
values are saved in the formBean object, my list values are not saved.

The two lists are:

And the bean methods:

public void setAvailables2(String array[]){
   availablesVector.copyInto(array);
}

public void setSelected2(String array[]){
   selectedVector.copyInto(array);
}

The most extrange thing is that i have placed a trace in these setters (appending something
to another field that works ok) and i have noticed that those methods are not called ever.

Does somebody see any problem in my setters or in the form? when are setters methods efectively
called when submitting a form?

any help will be very thanked, Dani (Spain)