struts-user mailing list archives

From "ashokd" <ash...@visualsoft-tech.com>
Subject Basic Doubt Regarding Initialization of ActionForm when invoked a jsp page
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2002 05:12:31 GMT
Dear ALL,

    I have a basic doubt regarding initilization of ActionForm in an
application.

Example:

I have a login.jsp.
In login.jsp I have <html:form action="login.go">

For this action I configuration Action and ActionForm classes.

I configured servlet-mappings:

  <!-- Standard Action Servlet Mapping -->
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.go</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

How the ActionForm initilizes if i called login.jsp directly in browser
(http://localhost:8080/myApp/login.jsp)

I think the above request won't go through ActionServlet. I think
ActionServlet will initilizes the ActionForm.

When this ActionServlet intilizes the ActionForm? While form submits or
while loading login.jsp.

If it loads while loading login.jsp how the ActionServlet initialized
ActionForm.

Thanks in Advance,
Ashok.D