struts-user mailing list archives

From "Claude Betancourt" <str...@cmbsystems.com>
Subject Re: Form content enconding
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 05:09:29 GMT
I am not 100% sure about this, but the JSP (html) content type has nothing to do with the encryption
type on a form contained in the html document.

A form may need to be updated with enctype="multipart/form-data" when you're action is expecting
something like a file upload.  Otherwise you don't need to specify enctype.

hope this helps.

-c

----- Original Message -----
From: "Slava_L" <lovkiys@esstu.ru>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 10:12 PM
Subject: Form content enconding

hi list.
I have pretty simple question: How am i suppose to change form encoding type ?
Suppose i have native charset windows-1251 and jsp contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1251"

this works grate when i print string but won't work on form submit - insteed of appropriate
string on windows-1251 encodin'  i get unresolvet symbols (i.e. ??????/)