struts-user mailing list archives

From Sébastien Col <sebastien....@arcan.fr>
Subject RE: Upload and BeanUtils problem
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:54:32 GMT
I have the beanutils.jar in the tomcat/server/lib, and in the WEB-INF/lib of
my application.war file. If I don't have it in my war file, I have an
exception when I try to access my index.jsp page. It can't find the Bean
Message (application resources file for internationalization).

I don't know what to do.
Sebastien

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Geeta Ramani [mailto:geeta.ramani@cmpco.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 26 février 2003 20:37
À : Struts Users Mailing List
Objet : Re: Upload and BeanUtils problem

Ok, so you are now sure that beanutils.jar is in just one place?  If you
are,
rebuild everything (make sure the old compiled classes are thrown away),
restart
tomcat and try again.
Geeta

Sébastien Col wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. I re-installed Tomcat, effectively I had the
> beanutils jar twice in the tomcat directories.
> Then I still have the same problem. I have the beanutils jar in my .war
> otherwise I have an exception when I try to access my web application.
> Any idea?
>
> Sebastien

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
> >         at

> > )
> >         at

> > eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> >         at

> > java:170)
> >         at

> > eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
> > )
> >         at

> > eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> >         at

> >         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> >         at

> > :174)
> >         at

> > eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> >         at

> >         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> >         at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> >         at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:432)
> >         at

> > ction(Http11Protocol.java:386)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:534)
> >         at

> > a:530)
> >
> > cause mère
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/beanutils/MethodUtils
> >         at

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload.getNewInstanceMethod(FileUpload.jav
> > a:669)
> >         at
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload.createItem(FileUpload.java:600)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload.parseRequest(FileUpload.java:473)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload.parseRequest(FileUpload.java:355)
> >         at

org.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(Common
> > sMultipartRequestHandler.java:233)
> >         at
> org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1055)
> >         at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.j
> > ava:816)
> >         at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:254)