struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steven Banks" <SDBA...@vac-acc.gc.ca>
Subject Re: Blank screen when posting to DispatchAction
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:55:29 GMT
I have seen the blank screen before.  It ended up being the input
parameter int Struts config was spelled wrong .  The programmer who had
the problem changed the input value to a global forward and it worked.

Maybe someone out there could explain the input parameter for the
action a lot better then me.  Also it would be nice if the logging would
show a better error message for this kind of problem.

Hope that helps

Steven Banks
368-0566

>>> tomcat-user@journalscape.com 01/26/03 02:46pm >>>
Hi all,

I'm submitting to my dispatch action and getting a blank screen. In my
struts config I've set the parameter attribute to 'method' and I'm
submitting a form variable called 'method' that is equal to 'create'.
However, the create() method in my action is not getting called.

Nothing is showing up in the catalina.out file other than:

Jan 26, 2003 10:36:00 AM org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor
process
INFO: Processing a 'POST' for path '/managePOP'

Has anyone encountered this behavior before?

Thanks,
Kenny Smith

My action mapping:

<action
	path="/managePOP"
	parameter="method"
	type="net.samaritech.mail.ManagePOPAction"
	name="popForm"
	input="/managePOP.jsp">
</action>