struts-user mailing list archives

From Jason Yam <jason....@ehk.epson.com.hk>
Subject How to let a user click a column header to sort data in a table u sing struts?
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 06:51:52 GMT
Hi all,

    anyone knows how to implement this sequence of operations in struts
(i.e. click column header to sort)?

    DisplayAction -> jsp form -> ProcessAction -> jsp result with header for
sorting -> click one header -> jsp result with header for different sorting
order

    The result jsp has a table with multiple column headers.  A user can
click one of the column headers to sort the data in different order.  I do
not know how to implement this in struts .  Do I need to make a form in the
result jsp so that I can make another ProcessAction for sorting.  For
instance,

    DisplayAction -> jsp form -> ProcessAction *A* -> jsp result with header
for sorting -> click one header -> ProcessAction *B* -> jsp result with
header for different sorting order

    How to change the struts-config to make it work?

Thank you

Jason