struts-user mailing list archives

From Mike Ash <m...@euronetworldwide.com>
Subject RE: multi row / multi col input forms
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 22:03:39 GMT
I understand what he is saying about setter methods perhaps I am not
explaining the problem correctly

The exact example is I am trying to display a listing of a dynamic number of
projects with hours assigned to them by day for a given week, the user can
then update any of those fields to make changes, some of those fields may be
blank which means the browser will not send them to the server which puts
the rows / cols out of balance.

I am using the logic iterate tag to build a row which looks like

someText  someMoreText inputBox1 inputBox2 inputBox3 inputBox4

So for two rows I get

someText  someMoreText inputBox1 inputBox2 inputBox3 inputBox4
someText  someMoreText inputBox1 inputBox2 inputBox3 inputBox4

This means that from a vertical perspective the boxes have the same name (
is there a better way to do the names?)
If a inputBox doesn't contain anything I can't tell which one it really was
except which column it "didn't" come from.

Clear as mud?