struts-user mailing list archives

From "Raible, Matt" <Matt_Rai...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject RE: Struts horizontal menu
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:28:37 GMT
Checkout struts-menu at
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=241446 - I recently added
functionality for coolmenus4 and dhtml list menus like this one:

http://www.gazingus.org/html/menuExpandable.html

For more information on improvements I made, check out:

http://www.raibledesigns.com/page/rd/20021207#struts_menu_improved

The demo doesn't appear to be working right now - I'm at work and can't
telnet out of the office to fix - sorry.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Haseltine, Celeste [mailto:CHaseltine@magticket.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 8:14 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Struts horizontal menu

Sandra,

Have you looked at using HierMenu's?  It's a JS menu with a LOT of
functionality in it.  There is also an article on adapting it to work with
Struts, but I had already adapted the Heir Menu's to dynamically create a
menu based on the user's previous chosen preferences, which are stored in
the database.  When I first started using the JS files for HeirMenu, the
code was free, but I believe the site now charges a nominal fee for the
code.  More info on HeirMenu's can be found at:

http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/

an the article on how to modify it to work with Struts can be found at:

http://www.webreference.com/programming/java/jspmenus/

Again, I didn't do exactly what the article presented, as I had already
modified HierMenu's to work dynamically in JSP's 2 years ago.

Hope this info helps.

Celeste