struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: LookupDispatchAction
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:53:44 GMT

> So i guess all i need do is check the request object for my parameter as
set
> in the URL of the href???
> protected Map getKeyMethodMap(ActionMapping mapping,
>     ActionForm form,
>     HttpServletRequest request) {
>  Map map = new HashMap();
>   map.put("button.add", "add");
>   map.put("button.delete", "delete");
>   return map;
> }

Check it for what?  That's what LookupDispatchAction does for you.  It
figures out what method to call.  I use it, but I had to override the
execute method to provide a default behavior, otherwise it blows up if the
specified parameter isn't present.

In your first message you asked about submitting the form with a link.  If
that one parameter is the only one you need, fine, you can specify it at the
end of the link.  But you can't "submit a form" with a link and expect all
of the form elements to get sent to the server.  (Barring the use of
JavaScript, anyway!)

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.