struts-user mailing list archives

From <tn...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Re: AW: Refresh on MSIE, PLEASE HELP!! NOT SOLVED
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Kiuma,

As per Microsoft Support site, you will need to place another set of meta tags after the closing
algorithm utilized by IE.  So your ending code would look something like this.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>---</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
</HEAD>
<BODY>

Text in the Browser Window

</BODY>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
</HEAD>
</HTML>

Keep in mind there is also an issue with the pragma tag in IE5 and you may need to set the
following:

     <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

There is a fairly good article at the below link wich explains it in more detail.

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/nocache.html#ie5

HTH,

Todd G. Nist