struts-user mailing list archives

From Gemes Tibor <...@i-trade.hu>
Subject [validator] numbers with localized decimal separator
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:03:43 GMT
In hungarian language the decimal separator is comma:
123.45 would be written in the form of 123,45

Btw are you aware of any other Locale in which the decimal separator is not
'.'?

If the user enters number and the client's Locale is hu then the validateFloat
cannot parse it. The float validator should take into account the Locale of
the client, shouldn't it?

Tib

Ps: At the moment I have a workaround. In the default formset I use the
float validator. In case of language="hu" I use a formset with the mask
validator with the following mask: ^\d*(,\d*)?$