struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <maill...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Repopulating a form after an error in Validate
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:32:56 GMT

On Monday, January 6, 2003, 9:23:04 AM, Samir wrote:

SS> The problem is when the user is sent back to
SS> the input screen on error, it is not finding the
SS> required Javabeans in the request object and is
SS> failing to create the form with the data.

I know we started working on this on Friday. And from your post on
Friday:

,----- [ begin ] ---- >>

| The HTML page gets drawn, but I get an error logged
| that says
| [1/3/03 11:00:02:000 CST] 7da25c48 WebGroup      X
| Servlet Error: Cannot find bean prospect in any scope:
| javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean
| prospect in any scope

'----- [ end ] ------ ||

I 'think' the problem might be maybe how you are putting the bean
'prospect' into scope. I believe prospect should be a form bean tied
to your action in the struts-config.xml. My guess is that it isn't and
you are putting prospect into scope some other way. Do me a favor and
e-mail your relevant struts-config portion. Notice below there is
name="employeeFormBean" in your case the page that first brings you to
the form should have an action path with name="prospect".

<action path="/updateNonHomeEmployee"
            type="com.adp.employee.EmployeeAction"
            name="employeeFormBean"
            scope="request"
            validate="true"
            parameter="dispatch"
            input="/WEB-INF/jsp/employee/employeeViewNonHomeStore.jsp">
            <forward
                    name="continue"
                    path="/employee/displayEmployees.jsp"/>
        </action>