struts-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Mack <vasq...@mediales.net>
Subject Re: Beta3: Log4j gone mad
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 09:34:44 GMT
On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 14:13, Davor Cengija wrote:

> All the categories are covered by their specific loggers (com.mycompany,
> org.apache etc) so I don't need the rootLogger. However, when added
> (associated with A1) everything actually goes to A1 (Project.log file) and
> not to stderr but the correct files are empty.
>
> This might be the commons-logging.jar issue (while upgrading, I copied all
> the libraries, including struts.jar and commons-logging.jar to my
> WEB-INF/lib dir).
>
> Anyone?

Maybe. I think I had the same problem, but everything went to root *in
addition* to the normal files. I've set additivity to false in each of
my loggers, like:
-----------------
log4j.logger.de.mediales.htng=DEBUG, A2
log4j.additivity.de.mediales.htng=false

log4j.logger.MAIL=DEBUG, M1
log4j.additivity.MAIL=false
and it worked fine. Also make sure you configure common-logging, like
setting it to SimpleLogger so it won't interfere with log4j. I think it
uses log4j if available.

HTH,

Andreas.

--